Danville Local Schools COVID 19 Update
The Ohio Department of Health and Knox Public Health has shared guidance on the health and safety of students and staff regarding the ongoing fight with COVID 19. They shared many recommendations and only one federal mandate (busing) and one Ohio Revised Code (3707.08) mandate that we must adhere to. Although we appreciate and respect the recommendations of KPH, Danville Local Schools believes that we need to consider other factors such as mental health into our decision on our mode of operations. Therefore we will follow the guidelines and actions below until further notice. Please understand this may change at any time pending further information from health officials and potential infection rates within our local community and school district.
- The CDC requires that masks be worn on all public transportation, including school buses. This requirement is regardless of vaccination status. Please support us in making sure your child(ren) are wearing a mask when they are riding a bus.
- Facial coverings are optional in the buildings and a parent/student choice. Parents will still have the option to have their child(ren) wear masks while in school or participating in school activities. If we begin to see significant COVID 19 cases in the district and/or our attendance rate drops below 80% we will again implement universal masking and take further precautions as we did last year.
- We will continue to follow social distancing practices to the best of our ability.
- During school mealtimes, we will continue to follow physical distancing and sitting in cohorts to the best of our ability. Students who wish to eat in alternative areas will need to discuss options with the building principal.
- We will continue to use the same protocols for sanitizing and disinfecting as last year.
- We will continue to encourage hand-washing, hand sanitizing, and proper respiratory etiquette to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- With the ESSER grants, we will continue to update our HVAC systems and replace windows at the high school to improve ventilation. This should be completed by the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Per Ohio Revised code 3307.08 regarding contagious disease, we will continue to follow the Knox Public Health procedures for monitoring COVID-19 symptoms, contact tracing, isolation, and quarantine. Please be aware that quarantining will prevent students and staff from attending school and participating in extra curriculars.
- The Knox Public Health Department will continue to provide vaccination clinics for staff and students throughout the school year. Sometime in September they will be on our campus to administer vaccinations including COVID 19 for those who are eligible and wish to participate.These information be posted on the district website and FB page.
- At this time, there are no restrictions on spectators attending athletic events from the OHSAA.
- Students should be fever free for 48 hours before attending or returning to school.
- Danville Local Schools will NOT be offering online learning at this time. If you do not want your child(ren) to attend in person classes there are many online schools in Ohio. If you are enrolled in an approved Ohio charter school and live in the district, you are eligible for extracurricular participation.
- To reduce the risk of being exposed to the virus and having to be quarantined due to close personal contact the following is recommended:
- Wear a facial covering
- Practice social distancing
- Get vaccinated (if eligible)
We understand that there are many opinions and concerns in this matter. We just ask that all stakeholders respect the safety, concerns, and beliefs of others. Thank you for your cooperation and stay healthy!
Jason Snively – Superintendent